TRC Temporary Residence Card

According to the Polish system illegal work in Poland poses serious consequences, including deportation, a ban on entry to the Schengen zone, and a financial penalty. Sound serious? Yes, it is! Don’t take a risk, you’re on the right page to gain peace of mind about your legal employment. A temporary residence and work permt in Poland can provide this assurance for up to 3 years.

Residence card – what is a temporary residence and work permit (TRC)?

A Residence Card or TRC is a document that allows for both: legal work and residence in Poland. While the document is valid, it confirms the identity of the foreigner and permits them to cross the border without a visa.

Assistance packages for foreigners



The service includes completing an application for a temporary residence and work permit based on the data provided by the client. The client’s representative handles the application for a TRC, while the client completes the required attachments in accordance with the Voivodeship Office’s specifications. Communication with the customer may occur in person, by email, or by telephone. In this case, no representative is appointed.

400 PLN



The service includes verification of the application for a temporary residence and work permit that the client has prepared. The client’s supervisor checks the set of documents sent by the client, verifies the correctness in terms of formality in accordance with the requirements of the provincial office, points out errors and gives feedback on what needs to be corrected. Contact with the client can be made in person, by e-mail or by telephone. In this case, an attorney is not appointed.

500 PLN



Before we initiate the service, we will verify your current status of the right to stay and work based on documents (passport, residence card, or other documents) and a questionnaire. Subsequently, we will prepare an application to the Voivodeship Office and provide you with a complete list of additional necessary documents. We will then guide you through the process of completing them, check the correctness of the documents, and instruct you on obtaining certificates of registration and a PESEL number.

990 PLN

We work with experienced consultants, lawyers and services, so that we are distinguished by a very high level of competence in this area. Learn the opinions of those who have trusted us and write to us.

Consultation about the
residence card

Your decision to come and work in Poland has certainly been well thought out. You’ve checked and compared means of transportation, explored the local labor market, and we’re sure you’ve also remembered to learn about and understand the necessary formal procedures that allow you to enter and work in Poland. If you still have any doubts, consult with us.


Who can obtain a TRC?

Anyone who wants to work longer than 3 months can obtain the TRC. Why is it worthwhile, and why should it be done? Avoiding fines – is only the most visible part of the “iceberg” of legal work in Poland.

Depending on the document issued, you will be able to change jobs without the need for a new document, you will not need a visa to cross the border, also your stay in Poland will be legal. The TRC means up to 3 years of peace of mind about formal issues.

Thanks to us


You will reduce the waiting time for a decision to a minimum


You will receive assistance in filling out the application and completing the documents

Why time2legal?

For any document related to legal residence and work in Poland, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the required documents and procedures. When applying on your own, i it is necessary to seek guidance from relevant authorities or institutions, such as the consulate, the voivodeship office, and the labor office, to obtain comprehensive information and support throughout the application process. Additionally, remember the importance of meeting deadlines and submitting applications promptly to prevent delays and issues concerning legal residence in Poland.

Individual approach to each client

our service begins with a comprehensive analysis of all documents and the client’s situation.


we provide clear answers to all your questions and offer recommendations tailored to your individual situation. Our goal is to help you assemble the most complete package of documents for the residence card.

No confusion prolonging the wait

from the moment you apply for a residence permit to the moment you receive it, your documents will be handled by professionals

Responsibility for service delivery

you will sign a bilingual contract for service delivery to ensure clarity in every step of the process

More answers about trc

What documents are needed according to the Polish system?

To submit an application, it is necessary to complete the documents we have listed below. These are so-called attachments, the absence of which will result in a longer wait for a decision or even the rejection of the application

• 4 x biometric photos with dimensions of 35mm x 45mm taken no earlier than 6 months before the date of submitting the application

• Original confirmation of payment of stamp duties

• A legible copy of the passport – all pages from the first to the last

• A legible copy of the employment contract or mandate contract with all annexes

• Certificate of no tax arrears – it can be obtained at the tax office where the foreigner settles his taxes

• Page 7 and 8 of the application for a temporary residence permit – available in our set

• Document confirming legal stay and work in Poland:

  •    Copy of residence card/decision
  •    A copy of the declaration of entrusting work registered at the District Labor Office or type A work permit
  •    A copy of the temporary residence and work permit in the event of continued employment
  •   in the case of exemption from the obligation to have a work permit: a diploma of completion of a secondary school in Poland or a current certificate from a university confirming the continuation of full-time studies

Your employer will need to prepare for you:

• Attachment No. 1 to the application completed and signed in two copies

• A current printout from the employer’s National Court Register or CEIDG

• Insurance confirmation – ZUS ZUA + RCA forms for a month before submitting the application with the stamp and signature of an authorized person or the contribution payer

• The labour market test – if required for a given position, and documents confirming the fulfillment of the employer’s requirements, if such are specified in the starost’s information or a regulation informing about shortage professions in the country or a specific voivodeship

• Employer’s declaration regarding the foreigner’s remuneration

Other documents required by the Voivodeship Office where you will submit the application

What is the waiting for TRC time?

The average waiting time for us to obtain a decision for a foreigner is 7 months. However, many of them are achieved in less than 4 months.

When to apply for a TRC?

You should start applying for legal residence and work permits BEFORE the documents you currently have expire. This will help you avoid the difficulties involved

What are the administrative fees for obtaining a TRC?
  • PLN 440,00 is the fee for a temporary residence and work permit
  • PLN 17,00 this is the fee for the power of attorney
What is a power of attorney?

A power of attorney (pełnomocnictwo) is a legal act that expresses the will of the principal, authorizing a person or persons to perform specific legal acts on behalf of the principal. The trusted person, based on this power of attorney, is authorized to represent (replace) the principal within the specified limits in legal relations with other entities.

Is it mandatory to visit the office to obtain a TRC?

YES! Your guardian will prepare the application for you, assist in collecting the required documents, and send them to the Voivodeship Office. However, a personal visit will be necessary once the office calls you to submit your fingerprints.

For how long can I obtain a temporary residence permit?

A temporary residence card (karta czasowego pobytu), according to the Polish system, can be issued for up to 3 years, depending on the reason for applying for the card.

What documents authorize legal stay in Poland?
  • a visa is the main document that allows you to enter Poland. It is issued for a pre-determined purpose.
  • a temporary residence and work permit (Zezwolenie na pobyt czasowy i pracę) allows you to work and stay in Poland for a maximum of 3 years. It is issued to persons who:
    • work on the teritory of Poland,
    • are studying – it should be noted that graduates of Polish higher education institutions can legally come to Poland without a special permit if their purpose is to look for a job and find employment,
    • are married to a Polish citizen,
    • have citizenship of one of the EU countries.
  •  A permanent residence card (karta stałego pobytu) allows you to stay in Poland even for 10 years. You can apply for it in particular if you have “Polish roots”.
  • A residence permit for a long-term resident of the European Union (Zezwolenie na pobyt rezydenta długoterminowego Unii Europejskiej) can be issued if you have been living in Poland for more than 5 years. With this permit you can work for any employer without the need to obtain an additional work permit.
  • Blue Card – this permit can be obtained if you have a highly qualified profession and you are waiting to start working in it or are already working.
  • Karta Polaka (Polish Card) – this confirms that you belong to the Polish nation and is issued on the basis of proof that your parent, grandparent or any of your close relatives once lived in Poland.
Does my employer have to issue me a residence card?

Remember, according to the Polish system, you are primarily responsible for your legal stay in Poland!

The employer only needs to provide the necessary documents for the residence card.

We collaborate with experienced consultants, lawyers and services, ensuring that we stand out for our high level of competence in this field. Discover  the opinions of those who have trusted us and write to us.

Write to us

    Time2legal sp. z o.o., Niemodlińska St., is responsible for the manner and purpose of processing personal data of persons sending inquiries via the form.





    45-710 Opole, ul. Niemodlińska 8